Well, I grow a garden
every year. And as usual, I have an abundance of
zucchini. I have a wonderful recipe for zucchini muffins and I thought what a great idea it would be if I made a bunch of them to freeze and have on hand for after school snacks or quick breakfasts. So I shred all my zucchini and calculate how many muffins I need to make with that much zuchinni. Well, it turns out that I have to thirteen times the recipe to use that much zucchini. Oh well, it's all shredded and everything, so here goes! I get right in and start baking. It didn't take long to long to discover that it wasn't going to be as easy as I thought! The dough became heavier and heavier the more ingredients I added to it. Pretty soon my huge mixing bowl was overflowing. I dig out a dish pan I use to wash dishes when I'm camping and pour the batter into it. I continue to add ingredients until I am no longer able to stir it with my unbelievable brute strength (ha ha). In desperation, I pull out my handy dandy electric mixer and begin to mix with that. Dough begins to dot my kitchen walls, counters, and floor! I could have opened my mouth and had a nice little snack for all the dough splattering my face. Soon I smell something burning and decide to give my poor mixer a break. After a few minutes of rest, I decide to try and mix the rest. I turn the mixer on and only hear a click. Click...click....click.... I try really hard not to cry. Not only do I manage to ruin my mixer, but I have totally covered me and my kitchen in goooo and have only created a non-mixed 13 batches of zucchini muffins! I say a quick prayer. "Please help me get these muffins mixed!" (At that moment, I picture my Dad from Heaven looking down at my pitiful situation.) I start laughing at the whole thing. How ridiculous I must look! And praying because I can't mix my muffins. How embarrassing! The thought comes to my mind, 'Put the dough into two bowls'. Well duh!!!! I had to have heavenly inspiration to think of that!!!! So I put the dough into two bowls until it is mixed fairly well and then I put all the dough back into the dish pan and mix it all together! Voila!!!! Zucchini muffins ready for baking! Thanks, Dad, for helping me through my crisis. I'm glad it was only muffins and not something else. Now......I won't even tell you how long it took me to bake that many muffins!!
Next time I think I'll buy the muffins!......It would have been cheaper than buying a whole new mixer!!!! Not to mention, a whole lot easier!!!!
That was my morning. After that fiasco, I still had to host my kid's end-of-the-year summer swim party. That was another fiasco in and of itself. (Then I wonder why I have so many problems with anxiety). I think I bite of more than I can chew sometimes. But, it ended up being fun and the kids had a blast!
Well, all except Makell. She had a blast only some of the time!
Water fight!Kelton and his friends had a great time spraying the girls!

Makell and her friend Hadley. She enjoys the popsicles a lot more than the big pool.

Kailee and her friends.
Kristi, you are too funny! Thanks for the laugh. I don't think I would have ever taken a task such as that on, but I must admit I have probably prayed over sillier things...and I can just hear Dad's chuckle. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about your muffin experience! We should get together sometime- maybe we could have muffins for dessert!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a dork...but I must admit, you are amazing! Taking on 13 batches of muffins! I am glad you thought of putting the dough in two bowls! I probably would have not thought of that either! You are so funny, and I am so glad that you blogged about it, it made my day!!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute blog post. I loved reading about it because I have had days and moments so similar to that. Love you.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Why didn't you think of mixing the dough with your feet like the slaves in Egypt did to make the bricks. That would have worked and then instead of licking the beaters, your kids could have licked your toes.
ReplyDelete