
Memorial day was a hard one this year for our family. Lots of tears shed as we remembered my dear Daddy. It was also the first time I saw his headstone.

This is the back of the headstone. Many of you may not know that I am actually the third child in my family. I had an older brother and sister that passed away before I was born.
My mother, my sisters, and I.
I think the headstone is beautiful. My Dad built the log house we grew up in. It is such a special part of our lives. The log cabin shown is actually a replica of our house. We took a picture in and they were able to engrave it above Dad's name.
Makell fell and scraped her chin on a headstone. Grandpa Sam (my mother's dad) seemed to have just what she needed, lots of loves!
My brother, Kip's, headstone.
My sister, Lori's, headsone.The day will be joyful when I can once again feel my Dad's arms around me and feel his stubble on my cheek; when I can smell his sweet smell and hear his wonderful laugh. I miss you so much Daddy. I hope you are having a great time with Kip and Lori. I can't wait to meet them!
cute pictures!! I hate that is has dad's name on the headstone though! I never thought this day would come! So wierd!
ReplyDelete