Friday, October 8, 2010

Chad's family's vacation

This summer we went camping with Chad's family to Emmigration. We were in the process of buying my parent's camper and selling our old one, so we actually had two campers at our house. We got all ready to head out with one camper and noticed the tail and break lights to the camper weren't working. What a pain!!! Move to the next camper. After all, how many times do you have a spare camper on hand? Now we're ready. Check the lights on this camper.

NOT WORKING EITHER!

Can I just tell you how much I hate getting ready to go camping? Okay. We were supposed to meet everyone at Minnetonka Caves. Not going to happen. If there's anything Chad hates, it's being late..... and boy were we going to be late. Chad frantically tries to fix the lights, but in the process, ends up breaking the blinkers on our truck! (ARG!) Chad is usually a very patient man..... not today!!! Good thing we have a tent! With two campers parked in our driveway, we head out camping without either of them. (I hate camping in a tent!) About halfway to the campground, Chad says, "I don't remember seeing the tent poles in the bag when I packed the tent. I hope they are in there!"

WHAAAAAT!?

Just when I am about to strangle my husband, we find the tent poles. Good thing. I might have spent the night in jail instead. I wonder how a jail cell compares to a tent?

Probably a lot warmer.

We finally arrive to the campground (which had no water due to some water problem) and set up our tent only to find that our tent zipper was broken!!!

Tent....mosquitoes......broken zipper.......not a good combination.

I'm ready to go home.

While we wait for Chad's family to come back from the caves and before I start packing to go home, I snap a few pictures......

Which made me laugh.


Well, maybe we don't have to go home quite yet...........



My cute kids have saved the day again.




I'm glad I have them!

Luckily, we did get to go to Bear Lake one of the days. And since, may I remind you, we have no running water at the campground, it was rather refreshing to swim in the water. It was beautiful! I love beaches and water. We went to the east side of the lake this time. The beach was smaller and the waves were bigger. LOVED IT! We all had a great time.













The funniest thing happened. The waves were rather big and the kids were having a great time riding on the white raft Aunt Ashlee brought. Kailee was riding on the raft for a while. I noticed she had a death grip on the raft and wondered if she was really having fun or if she was actually very terrrified! One particular big wave hit and capsized the raft. Since only kids were on the raft, adults were out in the water guiding it and making sure all the kids were safe. When the raft went over, Aunt Lisa was frantically looking for all the kids. She could not find Kailee. They found her white hat.....but no Kailee. I was watching and began to panic myself when Uncle Dustin held up the raft with Kailee still clinging to it, in the exact same place she was before it capsized! No matter what, she was not going to let go of that raft!!! Way to go Kailee!!

I'm just glad Dustin decided to turn over the raft when he did. No telling how long she would have held on even if she was below water! See her muscles protruding from her shoulders and upper back? Years of wrestling with her older brother finally paid off!
Kailee would not allow me to neglect to write about how I forgot to put sunscreen on her legs. Hours of direct sun hitting that left leg as she rode the raft didn't set well with her. She had the burn to prove it. Yes,...... sometimes I am an idiot!


We had quite an eventfull trip, but it was fun and definitely a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment