Monday, September 26, 2011

Our summer

I've been so busy lately. I haven't posted any of our summer, so I decided to do it in one BIG entry! So sit down and grab a bowl of popcorn, because you'll probably be here a while!











My wonderful roommates from Rick's college got together this summer. We were such good friends and still are! It was good to see all of you and we missed you Holly and Jen! Maybe next time.





MEMORIAL DAY


















We love and miss you Dad.


Breakfast at Grandma's. When we all get together it is quite the crew to feed!















This is a bouque of flowers we picked from our field and yard. Pretty huh!

















HAPPY 70TH GRANDMA KIRBY!











We surprised Joyce with a party and a new fence for her 70th birthday. We had the "crew" help put up the fence and enjoyed a great party.























Joyce and her kids. (Todd missing)





















Don't ask!























Pin the tail on the donkey.





Kelton is quite the character! Cristyl is finding him rather funny!













Makell hitting the pinata.






















Go Grandma Go!












The oreo game: the first one to wiggle the oreo down from their forehead and into their mouths without using their hands is the winner.


































I don't know who won, but it was sure fun watching them!


HAPPY 70th Grandma Kirby!














Happy Father's Day












THE FOURTH OF JULY







We went to the parade in Soda Springs.







































Here we are at the geyser.
















Fireworks that night in Lava Hot Springs.






















Kelton and Andrea. Andrea (cousin) just adores Kelton. I thought this was so cute!












Summer Camp-out with the Staley side







We camped at Emmigration.






It was rather wet and muddy the days we went. I think everyone still had a good time.







Chad playing with Rylan and Bella.


On Saturday we went to Bear Lake.
































Makell and Brooke










We got back to camp and it had rained and snowed. Some had to pack up and leave. Mom, I, and Tiff and family stayed and made smores in the camper. It was fun













Makell's bee sting. Don't ask me why Kelton is sucking his thumb. He's Kelton. What else can I say!

















Staley Family Reunion
We always have this reunion on the farm where my Dad grew up. It's hard to be there without him.



Water balloon fight.









Kelton made this awesome bird, called the Firebird, out of sticks and grass. He weaved the grass through the twigs and somehow made it look like a bird! Everyone was very amazed at his creation. I thought we had a better picture of it, but can't find it.







Makell going down the zipline! Kailee looks like a concerned sister!










Andrea and Makell














MILKING THE GOATS






We milked some friends goats while they were on vacation. We even drank the milk, . . . .well, some of us!

















MOM'S BIRTHDAY






We gave her a flip flop floor scrubber my friend got from Hawaii. It was a perfect gift for mom. No more paper towels on the floor!!!!





FRESH LEMONADE












We camped out in our backyard a couple of nights. We went into the tent once and found our cat Cuddles, making himself nice and comfortable!


























THE KIRBY CAMPOUT





We went to Willow Flats.












The kids got to go 4-wheeling. Here is Makell and Kailee with Chad's sister, Lisa
















Wading in the creek.






Tyson took Makell on a little hike. He was such the little gentleman. He held the branches so they wouldn't flip Makell in the face, and held her hand so she wouldn't get lost or fall down. I thought this was so adorable!























Mckinley, Kailee, and Hallie, after sliding down the dirt hill.




















Kelton and Nick, looking at scout books.

















We were blessed with a special treat this year. Braquel's new husband has an amazing voice, and he shared some tunes with us, accompanied by Chelise and Lisa on the guitars. This was my favorite part of the whole weekend.










Makell really got into the music and was dancing away with Daddy.






























TREEHOUSE MUSEUM





We try to get together with my friend, Tara, every once in a while and go to the treeehouse museum. Here is Kelton riding a crazy bull!












Inside the Mongolian hut (I think).








Kelton's future desk!(Oval office)
This summer was great. We are sorry to say goodbye to it.



1 comment: